This Returns Policy (Returns Policy) applies to all purchases made on our Websites. This Returns Policy is incorporated by reference into our Terms and Conditions (Terms) and any capitalised terms not defined in this Returns Policy are defined in the Terms. You agree to comply with all Terms when accessing or using our Services, including this Returns Policy.
2. Change of Mind
Change of mind requirements
We know returning an item can be disappointing so we've made the process as easy as possible. If you have changed your mind about an item, we may offer store credit, provided that:
the request is made using the Returns Portal;
- the request made within 30 days of purchase;
- that you provide satisfactory proof of purchase (upon request from The Project Store);
- the merchandise is in saleable condition (that is, the item is unworn or unused, with all original packaging or tags attached and where the products seal is not broken or tampered); and
- the item is not an Excluded Goods as detailed below.
Returns and exchanges will not be provided on the following types of merchandise, except in accordance with Australian Consumer Law:
- Hair Accessories;
- Swimwear without the hygiene seal;
- Items marked as ‘final sale’ (meaning that they are not to be discounted further) can’t be returned or exchanged unless they are faulty; and
- Adult Toys.
3. Faulty/Defective Product
If an item is faulty, wrongly described, incorrect or otherwise in breach of Australian Consumer Law, then we will fulfil our legal obligations, which may include refunding the purchase price and delivery charges, or providing a replacement product, provided that you have followed the process set out in our Returns Portal.
If an item is found to be defective or faulty, you will be required to book your return through the Returns Portal by selecting ‘Faulty’ as the reason from the drop down options. In order to assist us in facilitating the returns process, you may be required to upload clear images of the damage, defect or fault for us to assess. Upon the initial preliminary assessment we may request that you provide further information in order to process your claim.
If the product is confirmed to have a defect, we will provide you with a replacement, refund or online store credit on the faulty item (at your election). We will require that you return the defective or faulty item to The Project Store by post at our expense and we will contact you to provide further information regarding this process. In some circumstances, you may be instructed to dispose of the defective or faulty item in which case we will provide you with instructions to do so.
Please note that we may not be able to offer a replacement or exchange on some Products if there is no longer stock available.
4. Returns Tender
- If you are to receive online store credit, the credits are applied to your The Project Store Account.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for store credit to be applied from the date on which we receive your items.
- Store credits are valid for 12 months before expiry.
- You can check your store credit balance by logging on to your account. To use your store credits you will have the option in the checkout on the payment step.
- If you are entitled to a refund, your refund will be returned in the same manner as the original payment method. For purchases made by credit or debit card, the cardholder and the same credit or debit card are required to process the refund as was originally used for the purchase.
- Please note that processing of refunds can take up to 7 business days to show on your account due to varying processing times between payment providers.
5. Consumer Guarantees
This Policy is not intended to replace or exclude any rights available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
If you believe an item purchased from us is defective or faulty, you may have rights under Australian Consumer Law. Where there is a major failure with the item you may choose a refund, exchange or repair and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the item repaired or replaced if the item fails to be of acceptable quality and this failure does not amount to a major failure. Where an item is damaged through misuse, we cannot provide a refund, exchange or repair.
Certain legislation including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Consumer and Competition Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Our liability is governed solely by the ACL, this policy and any terms and conditions specified on our Websites.
This Policy may be amended from time to time by us, without prior notice. Any purchase from us following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments. We recommend that you check our current Terms and Conditions, before making any purchase. Our agents, employees and third parties do not have authority to amend this Policy or our Terms and Conditions.
7. Contact Us
If you have any enquiries regarding your return or our Returns Policy, please contact us. If there are any further issues, you may contact our customer service team through email at email@example.com